School Name: Henniker Community School
51 Western Avenue
Henniker, NH 03242
Student Enrollment: 420
Grades Served: Preschool-8
School Colors: Green & White
School Vision & Mission Statement:
HCS Mission Statement
In partnership with our families and community we provide a challenging and equitable education for all learners in a safe, respectful environment.
- Each child is important.
- All children can be successful learners and reach their full potential.
- Children learn by example.
- Children learn best when community, schools, families, and students Work together as a supportive and
- The school must provide a challenging and stimulating curriculum that relates to students' lives and goals
as this increases motivation.
- Schools must be safe places where risk taking, failure, and successes are all important parts ofthe learning
- It is essential to reinforce the self Worth of students by respecting their individual rights and beliefs.
- It is critical to provide experiences for students that help them to develop a sense of responsibility for their
- It is important to encourage creative problem solving, critical thinking skills, and ethical decision-making.
- Learning is a lifelong process.