TRANSFER FROM ANOTHER SCHOOL
When should I register my child?
The school is open throughout the summer to accommodate parents in the registration process. The early registration of students provides the school system an opportunity to evaluate student placement and adjust staffing in response to unanticipated enrollment increases. Parents should contact the school as soon as possible to start the process.
When should I register my child for kindergarten?
Students can start kindergarten if they reach the age of five by September 30th of the school year. The school has a pre-registration program for kindergarten which takes place in the Spring.
Contact the school for details.
What information do I need to register my child?
When registering a child, you will need to present :
- A photo ID for identification as parent/guardian.
- Proof of residency (deed, lease or current utility bill).
- Certificate of birth.
- Immunization record.
- Copy of the child's most recent report card (if applicable).
- A copy of the student's transcript from the prior school (if applicable).
NOTE: The registrar can help in getting a transcript.
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable).
What is the registration process?
- Contact the schoolto arrange an appointment.
- Collect the necessary information to register your child.
- Meet with the guidance counselor.
- Complete the registration process online using InfoSnap or manually with paper forms.
How can I help my child make a smooth transition to a new school?
- Arrange a time to meet with the guidance counselor at the school to discuss any concerns you may have about your child's adjustment to the new setting.
- Encourage your child to become involved in school activities.
- Take an active role in the PTA or consider becoming a school volunteer so that you and your family quickly become part of your new school community.